Community Driven Project by Adelaide Sri Lanka Buddhist Vihara and Sri Lankan Community Organisations in South Australia
Purpose of the Project
The purpose of this project is to establish an oxygen generating plant at the National Hospital, Kandy, Sri Lanka, considering the massive demand for oxygen supply due to the current fourth wave of COVID-19 in the island nation. In Sri Lanka, there have been 490,957 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 11,567 deaths from 3 January 2020 to 15 September 2021, reported to WHO. Medical oxygen is considered the single most important medicine for treating patients with COVID-19 and many other health conditions. A continuous supply of medical oxygen to the healthcare system is crucially important; therefore, this project intends to donate a fully equipped oxygen generating plant that uses the Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA) process to generate enriched oxygen gas from ambient air. PSA is at the forefront of gas separation technology.
This project adopts a community-driven development (CDD) approach enabling full participation of Sri Lankan community organizations in South Australia. This project will be implemented through the support and partnership with the Na Sevana Community Development Centre (Na Sevana) in Sri Lanka.
- Click SCAN ME with your mobile
- Enter the Biller Code 219675 to proceed
- Under the customer reference number, please mention: O2 PROJECT- YOUR NAME
OR Direct Deposit
Account Name: Adelaide Sri Lanka Buddhist Vihara Inc.
Ac No: 402592
Partnership with Community Organisations
An experienced project team leads this project under the auspices of Adelaide Sri Lanka Buddhist Vihara (ASBV) and Sri Lankan community organizations in South Australia.
- Adelaide Sri Lanka Buddhist Vihara Inc
- Adelaide Lions Cricket Club
- Australia Sri Lanka Association
- Adelaide Sri Lanka Students Association
- Adelaide Muthuhara
- Ananda College Adelaide Wing
- Sinhala Broadcasting Service of South Australia Inc.
- Sri Lanka Association of South Australia
- Sri Lankan Honorary Consulate in Adelaide.
- Sri Lanka Catholic Association of South Australia
- Sri Lanka Muslim Association of South Australia
- South Australian Sri Lankan Doctors Association
- Sri Lankan Engineers in South Australia
- Sri Lanka Cricket South Australia
- WellBeingSA Inc.
Partnership with Sri Lanka
NaSevana Community Development Centre is a not-for-profit social organisation and an approved charity (ST 9/79/46) in Sri Lanka, which has vast experience in successful execution of community projects with the support and active involvement of the local communities. Rev Dr Kirinde Assaji Thero, Director of Na Sevana will lead the project implementation in Sri Lanka. Technical advice and quality assurance of the project will be managed by Technology Innovation and Engineering Consultants (Pvt) Ltd, Sri Lanka. The project activities will be implemented in close association with National Hospital Kandy, Ministry of Health Sri Lanka and National Medicines Regulatory Authority (NMRA), Sri Lanka. Additionally, the active involvement of key stakeholders of the National Hospital Kandy, establishing the oxygen generating plant will be a crucially important part of this project in terms of sustainable management of the plant and associated maintenance services.