2021 Vesak Celebration is scheduled to be held from the 21st to the 30th May at the Adelaide Sri Lanka Buddhist Vihara premises and the detailed plan is shared herewith. All devotees are invited to take part in these meritorious activities.
තිලෝගුරු සම්මා සම්බුදු රජාණන්වහන්සේගේ උතුම් තෙමගුල සිහිපත් කරන වෙසක් මාසයට අප එළඹ සිටිමු. මෙම උතුම් වෙසක් සමයේ ඇඩිලේඩ් ශ්රී ලංකා බෞද්ධ විහාරස්ථානය මගින් ආමිස සහ ප්රතිපත්ති පූජා මාලාවක් ඉදිරිපත් කරනු ලබන බව මෙත් සිතින් සිහිපත් කර සිටින අතර මෙම උතුම් පින්කම් වලට සහභාගී වී නොපමාව කුසල් රැස් කර ගැනීමට ඇරයුම් කර සිටිමු.
COVID 19 Laws and Regulations
Events of Vesak celebrations will be held while strictly adhering to the existing COVID 19 laws and regulations. We kindly request everyone to comply with QR coding/registration, social distancing and other prescribed regulations at all times throughout this event.
Vesak Lantern Competition
Vesak lantern competition is held on the 30th May under two categories which are, children (16 or under) and adults (above 16). Children and adults who wish to participate are kindly requested to inform any committee member of their participation before Wednesday 27th May.
Vesak Thorana and Special & Creative Lanterns
There will be a Vesak Thorana display on the 30th of May and we welcome individuals or groups who wish to display large & creative Vesak lanterns to express their interests to the management committee.
Opportunities to contribute
There are various opportunities to contribute listed below and interested devotees are welcome to coordinate with the management committee members to discuss.
- Sponsoring air tickets for visiting Maha Sangha from other states
- Organizing morning tea for devotees observing Sil on 22nd May 2021 (Saturday)
- Contributing to Vesak Sil Dana on the 22nd May 2021 (Saturday)
- Sponsoring Vesak special dhamma sermons on 21st, 26th, 28th and 29th May 2021
- Organizing tea for devotees following Vesak special dhamma sermons on 21st, 26th, 28th and 29th of May 2021
- Organizing gifts for the winners of the Vesak lantern competition (6 gifts under 2 categories, 1st, 2nd & 3rd places)
- Various volunteer opportunities for various tasks (puja preparation, crowd management, traffic duties, organizing assistance, cleaning, COVD safety etc) within the program (as individuals, families, groups or societies/organizations)
Dansal (free meal & other offerings)
There will be free meals, beverages and other offered to the participants of Vesak celebrations on 30th May at the Vihara premises. Rice & Curry, Coconut Roti, Sago and Tea/Coffee will be offered by generous donors and freehand sanitiser offering is also sponsored by a donor. Let us join to appreciate and wish these generous donors that, may these meritorious karma contribute to their worldly and spiritual wellbeing.
Let’s join the Vesak Celebrations at the Adelaide Sri Lanka Buddhist Vihara!
මෙත් සිත් පෙරදැරිව සම්බුදු තෙමගුල සැමරීමට ඇඩිලේඩ් ශ්රී ලංකා බෞද්ධ විහාරස්ථානයට එක්වෙමු!